|Title||Power Ops Intern|
|Job Family||Power Operations|
|Subject to DOT Regulations||No|
|Percent of Travel Required||0|
|Location||Los Esteros Critical Engy|
|Description||This supervised position will allow for a college student who is seeking a career in the power industry to apply as well as enhance their knowledge with regard to all aspects power plant operation.
This position will require the individual to work a normal day shift as well as rotating shift when required.
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with Maintenance Manager and Plant Engineer to develop a system of maintaining plant drawings to ensure controlled copies are kept up to date
* Survey and document Process Safety Valve information and update plant database
* Assist in revamp of plant PM and Job plans database in Maximo
* Organize and restock boiler code repair materials
* Assist in Maintaining shift operating logs and records when required.
* Assist while under direct supervision by a qualified Calpine Employee with mechanical, electrical, and operational tasks as needed.
* May assist in development of standard procedures for operations.
* Perform other duties as assigned while under the direct supervision of a Calpine employee.
* Report to and take day-to-day instructions, both written and verbal, from a designated Calpine employee.
|Requirements||* Pursuing a degree in Engineering, Instrumentation, Process Technology or related field at an accredited college or university.
* Completion of at least 30 credits towards graduation.
* GPA of 3.0 or higher.
* Legally eligible to work in the United States now and in the future.
* Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude.
* Ability to work on elevated platforms up to 80 feet.
* Ability to climb ladders.
* Willingness to work outdoors, in field locations, in a "hands on" environment.
* Willingness to adhere to plant safety standards, procedures, and practices.
* Good comprehension of basic engineering practices.
* Good problem solving and analytical ability.
* Strong computer skills especially in the use of spreadsheet and word processing programs.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Good organization skills and attention to details are essential
* Must be flexible and able to work harmoniously with others in a dynamic environment.