|Title||Plant Engineer/Power Ops Intern|
|Job Family||Power Operations|
|Subject to DOT Regulations||No|
|Percent of Travel Required||0|
|Location||Morgan Energy Ctr|
|Description||This supervised position will allow for a college student who is seeking a career in the power industry to apply as well as enhance their knowledge with regard to all aspects of power plant operations. This position will require the individual to work a normal day shift and will report to the Plant Engineer at the Calpine Morgan Energy Center.
Plant Engineer/Power Ops Intern
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
* Utilizing plant data systems to access equipment performance and reliability
* Perform equipment inspections
* Updating maintenance documentation and work management system
* Updating and modifying plant drawings and equipment lists
* Assist with predictive maintenance data recording and analysis
* Assist plant staff with engineering projects and contract management
* Assist with mechanical and electrical maintenance tasks, inspections, and troubleshooting while under direct supervision by a qualified Calpine Employee.
* Assist with the requisition of spare parts inventory for plant equipment.
* Perform other duties as assigned while under the direct supervision of a Calpine employee.
* Report to Plant Engineer and take day-to-day instructions, both written and verbal, from the Plant Operator , Operations Manager, and Maintenance Manager.
* Assist Plant shift operations including local starting and stopping of equipment
* Read and record gauges when required
* Maintaining shift operation logs and records when required
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position
|Requirements||* Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship
* Minimum 3.0 GPA at an accredited 4 year engineering program, trade school, or technology program
* Current enrollment in and completion of at least 30 credits towards graduation
* Must have strong computer skills especially in the use of spreadsheet and word processing programs as well as email
* Good verbal and written communication skills are essential
* Must be flexible and able to work harmoniously with others
* Good problem solving and analytical ability
* Good organization skills and attention to details are essential
* Ability and willingness to work in various "hands on" environments including outdoors in all weather conditions, on or around energized electrical equipment, around chemicals, at heights, and in noisy and dirty environments with proper personal protective equipment
* Ability and willingness to work a modified or flexible schedule, 40 hours per week, and overtime and various shifts
* Ability and willingness to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local and Company regulations.
* Ability and willingness to support multiple managers/staff members.
* Experience demonstrating skill performing hands-on electrical, mechanical, and/or engineering tasks
* Knowledge of analytical software.
* Previous work experience, including internships
* Exposure to maintenance, construction, or inspection of large plant facilities (petrochemical, refining, or power).
* Ability to read and understand construction drawings and P & IDs.
Calpine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer