Weeks Marine Construction Division is offering paid internships/co-ops for students majoring in engineering and construction. Interns will gain exposure to the fundamental activities performed within this industry.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in project start-up, field engineering, scheduling, quantity take-offs, estimating, design, drafting and other tasks as needed.
- Apply knowledge, skills and dispositions in a variety of settings including both office and field assignments.
- Follows company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an "Incident and Injury Free" work environment
- Successful candidates will have completed their sophomore year, preferably their junior year, in one of the following majors: Civil Engineering; Civil Engineering Technology; Construction Management; Electrical Engineering; Construction Technology; Mechanical Engineering; or Coastal Engineering with a GPA of 2.95 or higher.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, kneel, crawl, stoop and/or sit.
- Ability to remain in seated stationary position for long periods of time
- Ability to navigate around office to use equipment as needed
- Light lifting (Up to 20 lbs.) as needed
This Job Description does not cover all of the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of Weeks Marine, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weeks Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet